Windows 7 audio driver problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by atc319, Mar 31, 2010.

1. atc319

atc319 Private E-2

I just got a new HP pavillion p6204y with windows 7 64bit. The computer came installed with realtek HD driver and ive had problems with it since day 1. first the audio worked, then it stopped working, then worked again. The sound would just cut out in the middle of a song with Itunes. its been on and off but I haven't gotten the audio to work for a computer game that I play. the mixer shows that its playing audio but nothing is played through speakers, including system sounds. I read a post and deleted upper and lower filters from one of the files, that did not work, and ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver and i still get no response. this seems to be a pretty popular problem, I dont know if there's another driver that would be better suited all together or a solution for getting this one to work. is there a codec that I need to install? All of the other driver ive seen haven't been an option for windows 7, Plus this is a new operating system for me, im still learning how to use it.
    Please help me with my sound nightmare!

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No the driver from HP would be the best one to use, if you are having issues with a new PC then you need to really get HP to fix this, even if they have to replace it. It maybe a hardware issue and no amount of messing with drivers may fix it, best as I mention to get HP to sort this as its under warrenty still as being new.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds