windows 7 cant install vista programs/drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by sicari, Jul 25, 2009.

1. sicari

sicari Private E-2

I have downloaded the latest windows 7 build (7600) I have heard on the net that vista programs should work without a hitch on windows 7, I have had nothing but trouble, drivers wont install, programs wont install.

I feel a lot more at peace with the world if i vent my frustration on my nearest computer forum :p

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I don't know what to tell you.... my experience with W7 has been VERY positive and trouble-free. I've used numerous Vista and XP programs with very few issues, and the few issues I've had have been VERY minor..... perhaps some more details would help us pinpoint the possible source(s) of the problem(s).
    :-D

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Possibly you have a 64bit OS and 32 bit drivers and programs. ed

4. sicari

sicari Private E-2

all 64 bit programs and drivers, i have upgraded from vista 64 bit

5. sicari

sicari Private E-2

this message comes up while i am installing windows 7, i cant"a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing, if you have a driver floppy disk, cd, dvd, or usb flash drive, please insert it now, note... If the windows installation media is in the cd/dvd drive, you can safely remove it for this step" not sure what to do, i cant finish the installation without fixing this step

6. duckfeet

duckfeet Corporal

That is strange: I've had nothing but good luck w/windows7...I've only had it a few weeks, but it's "backwards compatibility" for Vista and XP have been perfect, for me, and I had all kinds of old programs and stuff...but I did need to put the disk in on a couple of them, to get the drivers and stuff, but that's expected...but I did install a 32 bit, for different reasons, so hopefully this will sort out for you...I'll be real curious to find out how it goes tho...I like 7 better than Vista *or* xp, as far as that goes...best wishes...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds