Windows 7 difficulties

Discussion in 'Software' started by saissylois, Jan 15, 2010.

1. saissylois

saissylois Private E-2

i installed windows 7 in my MSI pr400x and i am experiencing some difficulties. my IE always hangs, windows media player is not working as well as my webcam and my biometric. anyone who has any idea how to solve this? thanks ;)

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hi and welcome to MG:)
    I googled the model you have mentioned. While it lists on the web, I could not locate it on the MSI site:-o
    Can you give us the exact model name and number.
    For the biometric and webcam you will have to check on the MSI site for the drivers for Win7 - they should be available.
    Did you update to IE8? Roll back to IE7 from Control Panel change/remove.
    Whats the problem with WMP?
    Wait for more inputs from other members pls.
    Cheers:)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The Model is HERE its a notebook, thing is its not Windows 7 certified as MSI have no Windows 7 drivers for it available, not to say Windows 7 wont work but you may have some trouble getting all the drivers.

Was this an upgrade install from a previous Windows version or a clean install? if an upgrade what Windows version was the previous one?

Is this Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?

In Device manager what items are marked with a yellow ! mark if any?

If you boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot and choose Safe Mode with Networking) does your PC and IE, WMP work ok?

Do you get error messages from these application when they hang or crash? if so what are they.

4. saissylois

saissylois Private E-2

hi thanks for the reply!

i reformat my unit and after that my windows media player and my webcam are now working..but my biometric is not working. i searched for the driver in MSI site but u couldnt find one. do you think msi doesnt yet have this kind of driver for win 7?
    ow and its not only the IE that hangs all kind of browsers that i have installed always hangs.ex. google chrome and mozilla
    thanks!

5. saissylois

saissylois Private E-2

hi!thanks!

its not an upgrade.. its a clean install.but i didnot change my partitions and i only use C..because all of my files are stored in D. and i am using a windows 7 32 bit.. in the device manager.. there are 2 missing drivers in yellow.. its the PCI communication device and the fingerprint driver.. in safe mode i dont know if ny IE will work.. i cannot connect to the internet when using a safe mode right? so i dont know if it will work.

thanks for your reply

here are my new problem

all of my browsers allways hangs up.. and i cannot find any drivers for my biometric ehehe thanks ^_^

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds