Windows 7 Easy Transfer Errors - Loaded HP files on Toshiba

Discussion in 'Software' started by BoredOutOfMyMind, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

I wanted to use Easy Transfer to move some specialized software my wife uses as she has Low Vision. Ethernet via router and we looked to be in business. I wanted to get function on the new box before moving documents and music. I by intent did NOT select any system files to transfer and after still see that all the HP install junk including "HP Wild Tangent Games" was moved. rolleyes

Is there any easy way to remove what was installed en masse using the report that Windows generated giving file names and locations. Or do I get to do this file by file? :)

2. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Apparently the xml folder listed all the apps however deeper digging found they were not all installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds