Windows 7- Getting error 0x80070490

Discussion in 'Software' started by GeekMessiah, Apr 27, 2015.

1. GeekMessiah

GeekMessiah Private E-2

I have a user that when he tries to install updates he gets the error 0x80070490.

I have tried the troubleshooter and that hasn't helped.

I have tried checking the disk for any errors

I have used a couple of Microsoft's applications that are supposed to fix this issue. To no avail.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. GeekMessiah

GeekMessiah Private E-2

Yes, I actually did read that exact article and did everything it says to do, the sfc /scannow and use the update checker software but it did not work

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Attached Files:

5. GeekMessiah

GeekMessiah Private E-2

The user is using Windows 7 and I have tried that tool and it did not fix the issue

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Is this Windows 7 with no service pack?
    I ask because support for that ended9 April 2013 and that could be the major problem.
    Also is this 32 bit or 64 bit and Starter, Basic, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate?

Look in the update history. What is the date of the last update? What number was the update?

7. GeekMessiah

GeekMessiah Private E-2

This is Windows 7 Service Pack 1. It is a 64 bit Pro machine. I have run the tweeker software that Eldon suggested and I am waiting for the updates to finish installing to see if that fixed the issue

8. GeekMessiah

GeekMessiah Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds