Windows 7- issue with accessing C drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by 68gman, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 68gman

68gman Private E-2

I tried installing MS-Office in my new laptop running Windows 7 (Home premium) but was getting error message stating the user does not have sufficient rights. Has anyone experienced similar problem and how to get this corrected. The permission under C: drive is "full access"

Thanks for your help

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, 68gman.

Have you tried right-clicking the setup.exe and selecting "Run as Administrator"?

3. 68gman

68gman Private E-2

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try this tomorrow and will post the status

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

In addition, what version of office are ye trying to install?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did this new laptop come with a trial of an Office version? if so uninstall that one first and if its not listed in Add/Remove or hard to uninstall run the appropriate FixIt HERE then try again, but make sure you are logged in as the Admin, and possibly disable your antivirus software as it could hamper the install.

But do also answer the questions asked earlier.

6. 68gman

68gman Private E-2

I was installing office 2010, I finally did uninstall the trial version and installed the software as admin it worked, thank you everyone for responding back to my question
    Cheers

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Cheers for the update, appreciated and Office 2010 is a great package.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds