Windows 7 issues with apps and shutdown

Discussion in 'Software' started by denverlynx, Nov 15, 2014.

1. denverlynx

denverlynx Private E-2

Hi -

I've been experiencing problems with my machine which first starts with issues with my browser. When I try to open a browser (chrome or IE) it never opens. I can see the process running on the task manager but the browser never displays. At this point I will notice some others applications will not open. But I'm still able to navigate the desktop. I will then try to reboot. It will close out the desktop and then hang at the shutdown screen. It will just spin there. I've let it spin for up to an hour and it will never shutdown. I will then hard boot the machine. Once it comes back up it works normally. I can open my browsers and any other applications and even shutdown normally.

When this occurs, the CPU and memory look normal. I've looked at the event logs and haven't been able to find anything that is indicator that something is wrong either. I've run malwarebytes, hijackthis and my internet suite. I haven't found any issues there either. Unfortunately, I cannot recreate the issue. Usually, I'm away from the machine for 12-24 hours and I return to it and it is hung up.

I'm stumped at this point. I would greatly appreciate any tips! I've attached the specs.

Thanks!
    Shawn

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds