Windows 7 / Linux harddrive problem...

Discussion in 'Software' started by E-Tramp, Apr 16, 2012.

1. E-Tramp

E-Tramp Private E-2

I am just here to see if anyone knows anything about problems with Windows 7 not allowing you to use all of the harddrive space on a Hitachi 3Tb Harddrive, and Linux systems not even detecting it.

I Installed the 7 system on it this morning and tried to create partitions out of all of the space, but, there is 750 Gb that won't allow me to partition and format it no matter how I divide the harddrive up.

When I tried to install a dual boot OS with Ubuntu 11.4LTS, and Fedora 15, neither one of those would even detect the harddrive at all. Anyone have any idea of what the problem is?

I have a ASUS R 3 Extreme Motherboard, with the latest BIOS, (to detect the full harddrive capacity), and i7 970 cpu, 2 ASUS GeForce 560 cu Graphics cards, and 24 G of Patriot G Series Memory overclocked to 1333 Ghz. I expect this system to last me for the next ten years or so, and would like to get it working right soon since my old XP systems both died in the last two months. Any Idears?

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds