Windows 7 not detecting speakers.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Senlis, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

This is what has happened: My sound drivers seem to work fine; My sound output through HDMI works. The only problem is that when I plug my speakers into the 1/8 inch audio jack or plug my headset into USB, Windows 7 does not show them as connected in the sounds dialogue box (the one you get when you right click on the speaker and go to playback devices).

The speakers work in other computers. At first, I thought it was the motherboard speaker connection until the USB headset stopped working. I expect that it is a Windows problem in it not detecting my speakers/headset whenever I plug them in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

right click on the volume icon and click playback devices, then try setting your speakers as default with a right click, make default device.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds