Windows 7 Realtek Mic Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by sqleonheart1911, Apr 21, 2012.

1. sqleonheart1911

sqleonheart1911 Private E-2

Hello,

If you are thinking this might be a repost, don't ignore it.. I always have some problem that
    Nobody has had before. So before I begin I will post my pc specs.

Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 SP1
    DG43GT Motherboard
    E8600 - Core 2 Duo 3.33GHz 6MB L2
    4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
    160GB Seagate Internal HDD 7200RPM
    500W PSU
    *the most useless thing*
    Realtek HD Audio

Please, don't ask me something I already said above, I read through hundreds of forums and all of the support was useless, so I'm going to ask someone who is smarter than I am..

Problem #1.
    I installed the Audio Drivers from the intel download center, the latest drivers for my motherboard, and it is my motherboards support site
    So my motherboard manufacturer is INTEL, it also says so in DXDIAG, Google etc etc.. But then I install the drivers, open up Realtek HD Audio Manager and my back panel is greyed out.
    I have plugged in my headphones, mic / speakers and Realtek doesn't pick it up with its auto popup dialog, with this option enabled or disabled my back panel is greyed out completely.
    But my front panel isn't greyed out and so is my digital. I have plugged my headphones and mic into the front panel and it doesn't work aswell. In my bios my audio and front panel is enabled but no sound.
    I do have sound tho, but my back panel is greyed out and my devices are picked up as if they were plugged into the front panel.
    I have no devices connected to the front panel, they are connected to the back. The yellow folder doesn't give me the option to disable the front panel, but if I disable my front panel in my bios I have NO SOUND, AT ALL.
    And yes my front panel is connected to the motherboard, and yes it is correctly plugged in.

Problem #2.
    My mic doesn't work at all, I have tried everything. Even tried remapping the ports in regedit, and still doesn't work.
    In Sound under control panel, it picks up my Mic plugged in Front "Mic in at front panel (Pink)" but it is connected at the back.
    In playback I have 4 icons. They are:
    Speakers - Realtek High Def Audio (Not Plugged In)
    Realtek HD Audio 2nd output - Realtek High Def Audio (With a headphone icon, my headphones are connected instead of my speakers)
    Realtek Digital Output - Realtek High Def Audio
    Realtek Digital Output(Optical) - Realtek High Def Audio

Recording:
    Mic in at front panel (pink) "it's connected at the back rly" - Realtek High Def Audio
    Mic in at rear panel (Pink) - this is greyed out and not plugged in - Realtek High Def Audio
    Line in at rear panel (Blue) - Greyed out, don't plan to use it.
    Sterio Mix - Realtek High Def Audio "Disabled, Greyed Out, Enabled it and screwed around and it didn't work"
    My Mic is working, the mic volume is on max, with these settings the mic should work but it isn't.
    I just want to completely disable my front panel (pulling out the cables don't work fyi) and enable my rear panel like it should work.

I hope someone can help me, I'm so irritated with having problems all the time with Realtek.
    Regards,
    Leonheart

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. sqleonheart1911

No it did not, because it's missing 1 crucial part.
    Like I said before, when I click on the yellow folder, there is NO option to disable the front panel, AT ALL!
    So I can't disable my front panel with the Realtek Audio Manager, the only option is to disable the auto-popups, nothing else.
    If I disable my front panel in BIOS then there is NO sound, since it "uses" the front panel for sound, and when it is disabled in the BIOS the Front Green and Pink is removed from the Manager, but the rear panel is still greyed out.
    Thanks for the fast reply.

4. tgell

5. sqleonheart1911

Will that driver work with my device?
    ALC888S
    I currently have version 6201 installed from intel.
    If you say it will accept my device then I will take those steps.
    Thanks

6. tgell

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. sqleonheart1911

Thanks.
    I will follow these steps as soon as I have access to internet, can't download files bigger than 3MB on Blackberry :/
    Enjoy

8. sqleonheart1911

Used DriverSweeper to remove the drivers.
    Downloaded all the drivers you linked to your post, and guess what? :O
    Nothing changed. Sound still works, no front panel disable in the yellow folder, mic doesn't work.
    Think I will just take this board, and torture it once I buy my LGA 775 DDR3 Motherboard, clearly a hardware problem on intel's side I assume.
    Thanks for the help.
    Leon

9. tgell

Sorry you could not get it to work but thanks for the feedback.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds