Windows 7 regular BSOD

Discussion in 'Software' started by wildmanmatt, Feb 20, 2010.

1. wildmanmatt

wildmanmatt Private E-2

Hi,

I am having a little problem that my computer (running Windows 7, specification from dxdiag attached) regularly crashes. This often happens when I am not using it...either when I've gone to bed or gone and left it for a bit...rarely when I'm using it.

If it were a dog I'd suggest it was separation anxiety!!

But I'm at a loss as to the cause and it seems as though the crashdump analyses are 'inconclusive'

I've attached the ones from the last 3 weeks and would really appreciate the thoughts of those who might know rather more than I!

Many Thanks,

Matt

Attached Files:

2. wildmanmatt

wildmanmatt Private E-2

And here are the rest (apologies for the double post)

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are you running a dual boot or any Virtual PC or Virtual HDD apps? if its BSODs can you give us the actual BSOD code? may need to turn off auto reboot and can do this similar to XP HERE

Your logs are not showing a cause, its likely to be a wrong driver and not Windows 7 64bit compatible. Any yellow ! marks in Device Manager?

Make sure you have the latest drivers from MSI for your mobo the K9N Ultra HERE

4. wildmanmatt

wildmanmatt Private E-2

I'm not dual booting. I used to with Vista and OpenSUSE and I still have some of the files on one of my drives that I keep meaning to boot into a livecd to remove (because they use non-windows characters and really long filenames, I can't do it within windows).

I don't have any Virtual PCs or VMs, but I do have a 'virtual' online hard drive called LiveDrive that shows up as the R: drive in my dxdiag.

I've attached a pdf of an html report from BlueScreenView which I think shows the right codes (it's the Bug Check Code you mean?)

In device manger I have one devices with a yellow exclamation. It is showing as 'Unknown device' under 'Other devices'. I'm not sure what it is...everything that I use seems to be working.

Details shown are:
    Device type: Other devices
    Manufacturer: Unknown

Device status:
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

The Hardware Ids are:
    ACPI\AWY0001
    *AWY0001

I'm downloading the MSI drivers right now.

Thanks,

Matt

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds