Windows 7 Search Results Display; Undocumented Change?

Discussion in 'Software' started by questionask, Mar 24, 2016.

1. questionask

questionask Private E-2

Suddenly all my windows 7 search results fail to show the TYPE field, and now they all show a useless RATING field.

I want the ability to sort search results by type, especially since Windows insists on returning results that do not contain the search term in any way, shape, or form, in file contents or otherwise.

Any tips appreciated...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

A quick one to try is right click in the folder thats showing the unwelcome field and choose Properties > Search tab and Restore Defaults and then reboot and check?
    Another thing to try is to right click the Field list on RATING and then you should be given a list of options, untick RATING and choose TYPE, see if that works.

remembering this from memory as running Win10 now and Win7 PC I do have is in pieces at present.

questionask likes this.
  3. questionask

questionask Private E-2

I completely forgot that the column headers themselves were context menus. Thanks a million!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds