Windows 7 Slow Startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by sakarsubedi, Feb 7, 2013.

1. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

I am kind of having the same problem but the additional problem is that i cant even open event viewer it says event log service is unavailable. verify the service is running. I have even tried installing another OS (i previeously had win8 and now i have win7) but the problem is still the same. its been weeks that i am searching for the solution but in vain. A repairer told me i should change the HDD. Is it really the only solution??? :(

2. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

Re: Windows 7 VERY SLOW STARTUP

And i cant even start the windows event collector from the service tab!!!! it just shows a dead start button.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Can you boot into Safe Mode (F1 at boot and then choose Safe Mode with Networking)? Does your PC start any quicker?

What software do you have starting with your PC as multiple malware scanners maybe a cause, the below guide can help you attach a list of your startups, just follow the guide as written

5. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

I tried booting in safe mode with networking but its still the same. And not only the start up is slow but loading win explorer and all other programs are also very slow. In fact, everything in my laptop is slow. I cudnt even download ccleaner it took lot of time. I have 4 partition of hard disk and i have formatted all of them except one. I even reinstalled the OS. when i opened startup tab from msconfig it just showed realtek audio manager and google chrome.

And i just found out that there are hell lot of problems shown at the event log and poor me i dont even know how to show that log here!!!! :(

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  6. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

will anyone bother answering this??

7. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

You can go to
    Start - Run msconfig - Startup tab ( remove all boxes ) - Apply - Ok
    Windows is asking you to restart your machine - go for it even go to
    Start - My Computer - right click Hard Drive ( c) - General
    what is your hdd free capacity ? :wave

8. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

i tried msconfig but its still same. and my HDD free capacity on c: is 29gb . I dont think this is an issue of registry error or any other . I have tried running ccleaner as well. but nothing seems to be improving? I know there's problem in my HD. I can't run chkdsk also. As I alrealdy said before I even reinstalled the Os and formatted the system drive , C: . Any other solution??

9. falconattack

What is the specifications of your computer ? You can download this

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

go to

from the left side you must opt for
    menu
    Summary ( wait 30 seconds until report is generated )
    you have to select
    Report from bar menu
    from sub menu Quick Report
    Plain Text
    opting for Desktop as saving location

follow this

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

to attach the report even you can download this tool

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Hard_Disk_Sentinel_d7520.html

to give the health/performance status of your hdd :wave

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

A dying hard drive can exhibit slow downs.

Did the computer come with Win 8 and you installed Win 7?

11. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

no it came with win 7 and later i installed win8 . it worked fine for some months and after 2 mnths or so i had this problem .

12. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

its MSI cr 400 with 320 gb HDD and 2 gb of ram . (I once thought it was because of less RAM and i added 1 gb ram from my friends computer but it the problem was same. ) it has intel core 2 duo inside and runs on win7 64 bit os.

13. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

29GB free out of a total of 320GB? If this is true, you have only 9% free space left.
    When the free space dips below 15%, the computer starts to act strange.
    You need to move some things off the hard drive, increase the free space, clean up and defrag.

14. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

no its 29 gb free out 48gb and its a c: . I have three other partitions out of which 2 partitions are empty with some 100 gb free space and the rest 1 partition has abt 50 gb disk space used out of 100 gb disk space. I am sure this isnt an issue of low disk space.

15. falconattack

You can follow my #9 Post running hdd sentinel my friend :wave

16. sakarsubedi

sakarsubedi Private E-2

I ran hdd sentinel and got the following result
    There are 12 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
    At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
    It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.

No actions needed.

Health 93%
    performance 100%

so this isnt a hard disk problem ????? what may be the cause?? i have also updated all nvidia drivers. no improvement yet!!

17. falconattack

Ensuring either your hdd health or Ram you have to download this cd

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

burning it with

http://www.majorgeeks.com/ImgBurn_d4870.html

there is many tool which helps you to test your memory with memtest86 even you have to find the manufacturer of hdd testing your hdd

go to Start
    Right click to My Computer
    Properties
    Hardware tab
    Device Manager
    Disk Drivers

there is a code of your hdd like this

HDS722516VLSA80

for instance , it's important to run memtest86 ( for 5 hours each ram stick ) even to run the hdd tool of the manufacturer ( please post the code i told you about ) :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds