Windows 7 Start Menu

Discussion in 'Software' started by smiley6338, Dec 11, 2009.

1. smiley6338

smiley6338 Private E-2

I am helping some elderly friends set up a new computer, and I cannot figure out how to organize the start menu in 7 to make it more "user friendly" and less congested. I would like to add folders and organize stuff in them. I cannot find the actual "start menu" in Windows Explorer in Windows 7. I know that it clearly tells you in help to go to your Taskbar and "customize" the start menu, but I see nothing in there that will allow me to add folders to the start menu and throw programs in them. Can anyone help? I know in Vista, that info was found in Explorer, Users, Apps or something similar, and I cannot find that info in Windows 7. Thank you in advance for your help, and a merry, merry Christmas to all. God bless and thanks again.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Right-clicking on All Programs in the Start menu gives you two choices. "Open" will open the start menu folder for the user you are logged into. "Open all users" will open the Start menu folder for all users.

I haven't yet uncluttered my Start menu so you will have to take it from there on how best to organize things.

3. smiley6338

smiley6338 Private E-2

You're a life saver! Thank you so much! I knew that there was an easy way and just couldn't figure it out. God bless and Merry Christmas!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds