windows 7 sucks really

Discussion in 'Software' started by watchntv, Mar 25, 2011.

1. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I love Windows XP, I dont have a CD drive on my laptop that uses Windows 7,, so I dont know how to revert to XP
    so I"m stuck?

I can't get the Log on screen to not be there
    whenever I leave my computer on and come back to it hours later, its on the Welcome screen and I must log on, *which means I have to click on my log on button, there is no password
    so how do I change my user settings so I dont have this irritation occur?
    ir should be simple, I go to control panel-->andI dontknow where to go next
    I am an administrator, I set up another account as a standard user I cant get either user to not have to log in...there is no password

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

In the control panel go to 'power options' and there you can set the PC not to sleep or hibernate.

I would never go back to XP but if you feel the need to all you have to do is make a flash drive bootable.

http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

check this out.

3. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

so witha bootable disc I can use one or the other?

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

If you make a flash drive bootable and loaded with XP you can (if you have hard drive space enough) run a dual boot system with XP and windows 7 on the same PC.
    There are plenty of members here who will walk you through it.

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Remember you will have to purchase a copy of xp for you to remain legal, and also most windows seven based systems will have driver issues if downgraded to xp.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If the laptop is fairly new, perhaps XP will not run correctly. You will be missing drivers for hardware like video and audio so before you do anything, research to see if your laptop brand has drivers for the hardware for the XP operating system. If not, don't waste your time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds