Windows 7 treating external harddrive as ejectable

Discussion in 'Software' started by tym, Oct 19, 2012.

1. tym

tym Corporal

Something is not right. Windows 7 is treating a internal hard drive as ejectable. So when I start Windows, I get the little icon in the try, and yea, if I eject it, windows no longer sees it til I reboot.

Any Ideas??

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Care to share the brand and model of computer as well as the brand and model of the hard drive?

3. tym

tym Corporal

OOPS!! Its a custom built with a segate sata drive. Odd part is, I have two of the same installed,One is fine, this one shows as a "SCSI Disk Device" In the hardware manager.

Made sure my Saberthooth 990fx had the current chipset drivers, Got them from the Ausus website.

After TONS of google, Looks like this is a issue I may have to live with. Seen several others having the same thing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds