Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit keeps bluescreening with stop errors and restarts.

Discussion in 'Software' started by tmonsour2, Oct 14, 2014.

1. tmonsour2

tmonsour2 Private E-2

The most recent flavor is stop 0x50. I haven't written down the other ones.
    Computer will work fine and then blue screen out. It will restart and everything seems fine. I have malewarbytes and run it daily. Guessing it's a kernel issue of some sort, but not sure how to iron it out. Thanks!

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Locate the minidump file in C:\WINDOWS (or Windows)\minidump and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder and attach the archive to your next post. Several people here have debugging software and can analyze the crash dump.

So you have enough time to read the next stop error, right click computer and select Properties. Click System Protection, then the Advanced tab. In Startup and Recovery, click Settings. Uncheck Automatically Restart and Overwrite any existing file. Click OK and close out System Properties. See att'd (I'm running Vista but it's the same for Win 7.).

Attached Files:

3. tmonsour2

tmonsour2 Private E-2

Thanks mdonah! Minidump folder is empty. Now what?

4. mdonah

Is Write an event to the System log checked? There may be more than one reason for the BSODs. That's why I had you uncheck Overwrite any existing file.

5. tmonsour2

tmonsour2 Private E-2

Yes - Write an event is checked.

6. tmonsour2

tmonsour2 Private E-2

It just crashed. I've attached a pic of the screen.

[​IMG]

7. mdonah

You can try musksnipe's suggestion but, there should be a minidump in the minidump folder that you can ZIP and attach to your next post. The crash dump analysis will point to the specific device driver that's causing the BSODs (and it does appear to be a software rather than hardware issue).

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

You can try a program that may help you and us to figure out your situation:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/whocrashed_free_home_edition.html

But, there should be files located under c:\windows\minidump

But from the above screenshot, it does appear to be driver related.

Can you give us your motherboard model? For example, I have a Asus P9X79 WS Revision 1.

More than likely it is driver on this component that may be causing the issue. Or, if this is a laptop, please give us the make and model.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds