Windows 7 upgrade advisor won't install.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mjtaryan, May 31, 2011.

1. mjtaryan

mjtaryan Private E-2

I have a Toshiba Portege running Windows XP Tablet Edition SP3. I want to run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor to find out what I need for 7 to run successfully. I already know thee are some things I will need to do, but what I'm most interested in is finding out which of my installed software will and will not run (and, if appropriate, whether those that won't run under 7's native mode will run under the XP emulator.

However, after I downloaded the advisor and tried to install it I got an error message that says something like "Installer was interrupted. To retry the installation run the installer again." The message may say "will not start" rather than "was interrupted." It's been a couple of weeks since I tried.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds