Windows 8.1 Issues (crashing, locked)...

Discussion in 'Software' started by totallybummed, Dec 10, 2014.

1. totallybummed

totallybummed Private E-2

First and foremost, I want to thank anyone and everyone who provides me with help and support. I work a whacky job with strange hours and I appreciate anyone who takes time out of their day to assist me.

I'm using an Asus X551CA with an Intel® Core™ i3 processor. I believe it's 64 bit. It's running Windows 8.1 (recently installed). I bought it from BestBuy, it didn't come with restore disc, etc.

The issue lies within windows booting. The startup loads fine, I enter my user info, it lags a ton, never-ending spinning wheel, but finally loads to desktop. The thing is, nothing loads, it's just the background.

I've tried numerous times to system refresh/restore/chkdsk, but it keeps telling me "Drive where windows is installed is locked."

I've spent the past three hours searching internet forums for assistance, but they're either extremely vague or out of my league.

Thanks,

Joseph

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Any viable solution will involve DOS commands, and can be rather advanced for anyone without any prior programming knowledge.

Either that, or your BIOS settings are incorrect.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds