Windows 8.1 PRO taskbar glitch

Discussion in 'Software' started by ernsons, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ernsons

ernsons Private E-2

Sssup Geeks.

I know u will b able to help me in this matter :)

I just finished iinstalling windows 8.1 and i noticed a taskbar glitch, when i press the right mouse button on any of the icons i get this dark background, and the text is black, cant see very vell and it is annoying. can you give me a solution, i searched google, but cant find the answer. i suspect its the video card... but go figure...
    i tried to change the transparency thinggys and background collors, this glitch is always the same color, that must mean its not the operating system... it must b hardware relivant !

[​IMG]

ill post u my computer specs:
    CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i5-4690, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
    Motherboard Name Asus B85M-E
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (2 GB)
    Memory 8GB of RAM

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I run my two computers with Win 8.1 Pro in High Contrast Black theme because I have bilateral cataracts. Because the computers are set for high contrast, the text shows up white against that blue background and it's quite readable. Not having the display with all the colors doesn't bother me. It's more important that I be able to see/read what's on screen.

If you want to change the screen to high contrast, press the left Alt + the left Shift + the Prnt Scrn keys all together at once. You'll get a tone and a little screen to confirm the action. Click "Yes" and the screen will convert. This key combination is a "toggle" so, if you want to change back to your regular desktop, press the same keys together again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds