Windows 8 OS flickering nonstop!

Discussion in 'Software' started by xhayatox, Jul 7, 2014.

1. xhayatox

xhayatox Private First Class

Today I log onto my HP laptop as usual, and all of a sudden my Windows 8 OS starts going crazy. It keeps flickering and switching between the Desktop and the Start Up Menu all by itself. I'm essentially rendered unable to do anything. It just goes on and doesn't stop. I have no idea how to stop it. I booted it in Safe Mode and the flickering CONTINUED to persist. But I got an error message this time that stated the following: http://i.imgur.com/yiiKWK4.jpg

I tried another account on this computer and it works perfectly, no issues whatsoever. The only account that's experiencing this flickering issue in my own. So what can I do? I have no idea. As soon as I log onto my account it starts flickering instantly and switching between the desktop to the start up menu without me touching anything, and it doesn't stop. Help please?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Run a chkdsk.

The last time I ran into this, that fixed it.

3. xhayatox

xhayatox Private First Class

Nvm, I did a clean reinstall and now everything works. Thanks anyway everyone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds