Windows 8 Pro + Intel "Display" Audio + Realtek HD Audio... WTH

Discussion in 'Software' started by ExOxE, Dec 17, 2012.

1. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Hi Fellow MJ'ers,

I have been having a lot of "Small" issues with changing over from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8 Professional With Media Centre Edition.

I took the plunge to change over because I was given the best deal possible, and I actually like the new Windows 8, Its blistering fast, with atleast a 50% performance increase in windows itself, with the fastest responses and load times I have ever managed with my laptop, but one niggling issue is I cannot get Windows 8 to allow me to change the speaker configuration from 2 desktop speakers, to 5 speakers and 1 sub surround sound like I did with Windows XP, Vista, 7 Ultimate....

It physically wont allow any actual changes, that's using the default Windows 8 Pro installed audio drivers, then also downloading the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers from their website that supports Windows 8 x64, but that makes no diffirence, I am literally pulling my hair out trying to find out how to change it because at the moment, my Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound system will only play using the 2 front speakers and the sub, but the 2 rear and centre speakers remain useless and un-used, which has decreased in the overall loudness of the setup when playing music, games, etc

But I have just been going through the System Hardware Viewer, and for Sound Devices, it has 2 listings:

Intel(R) Display Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I have no clue what so ever what the Intel Display Audio is or why it is listed in their, as I am certain my Asus K53E Laptop has a Realtek HD Audio chipset in it, according to Asus's own website on this model and in its driver base, it too says Realtek, I would be very gratefull for any help, I really want to resolve this issue so I can stop worrying about it and use my laptop for what I bought it for, and not to sit up until all hours of the night for days now, trying to solve the speaker issue, If I cannot solve it I am going to have to resort to formatting and going back to Windows 7 Ultimate, which I really don't want to, because apart from this speaker issue, Windows 8 is bloody fantastic

Kind Regards,

David

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds