Windows 8 sidebar

Discussion in 'Software' started by JackPWinner, Aug 2, 2014.

1. JackPWinner

JackPWinner Private E-2

Make it stop, make it stop please lol. Is there a way to turn off the side bar in windows 8 from popping out randomly? I can be working on a spreadsheet no where's bear the bottom right corner on my Toshiba laptop and the side bar just poos out Before I know it I'm in a totally different screen

Any suggestions are welcome

Cheers

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Jack

Try this on the Desktop, right click the Taskbar and choose Properties then click the Navigation tab and untick both options ticked in the corner navigation section, so "when I point to top right and charms" and "when I click top left corner for recent apps", reboot and check.

These options are present in Windows 8.1 so I hope you are fully up to date, I have not checked if same is option in Windows 8.0, this may not also completely disable the Charms bars, as you may need to edit the registry to do this or run a 3rd party app to disable the "Metro, Modern UI" functions of Win8, Metro Killer is one app off hand that can do this, but warning it may disable features you may use also from Win8.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds