Windows 8--Trouble restoring internet access after malware cleaning

Discussion in 'Software' started by CuriousMin, Jan 25, 2014.

1. CuriousMin

CuriousMin Private E-2

I am "good with computers" so I was brought the laptop when the internet stopped working. There was malware trouble but that has been dealt with, and Chaslang over in malware removal says the computer appears to be clean now. However, I still can't get any of the browsers to access the internet and none of the programs can access the internet to update. The lan says that it is working and has connected.

I have attempted ipconfig and netsh commands to re-enable it without success. The netsh did have a "failed, access denied" error (while I thought I was running it with administrator's privileges).

Attaching a screenshot of Belarc Advisor as advised in the sticky; seemed like the surest way to give you as much detail about the computer as possible.

Attached Files:

2. CuriousMin

CuriousMin Private E-2

I'm not bumping! I'm closing this thread. Thankfully Windows 8 Refresh solved the problem without wiping out any of her files, and I was able to reinstall the rest of her programs without serious trouble. I tried all kinds of restoration programs and none of them worked either; there were probably some registry entries missing after malware removal but that's what I didn't know how to fix. I couldn't tell if you were all really busy, just forgot about me, or didn't know how to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds