Windows 98 display settings can't be changed

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxandalan, Mar 28, 2004.

1. maxandalan

maxandalan Private E-2

My computer crashed, probably a Direct X issue, and when I finally got it to start working, the windows are huge, the fonts are large, and the colors and screen look like Safe mode. It is not in Safe Mode because I can get on line. When I go to Display in the Control Panel I am unable to scroll down, move or resize the window so that I can access the various settings such as "Colors" under the Settings tab or "Item" under the Appearance tab.

I don't know exactly what was wrong with my computer or how I got it back to the point where I could get online. Obviously don't know much about computers, period and this is my first post here. I expect I have more serious problems then just the display settings but if I could fix the display at least I could read all of the Major Geek site.

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Hi Max
    what video card are you using
    and can you look in device manager for any warning triangles

3. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

What screen resolution were you using before.Bet its changed and your running
    640x480 pixals,which is quite large,right click on open desktop,go to properties/ settings/screen area and reset to settings you had before.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds