Windows Activation Help!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ralstain, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Ralstain

Ralstain Private E-2

Hey all,

Got a problem. Can anyone help? I changed out my MB, CPU, and memory on my pc. After I did that I went to start up windows. When I got the first screen it was for activation of windows. I tried to call the number and tried to activate online. They didnt work. I no longer have the cd key due to loosing it during a move. Is there any way to get past this so I can get into my windows. This is so friggin annoying. Thanks :(

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

The key should be on the COA (Certificate Of Authenticity) on the side or back of your computer. If this is an OEM product and you do NOT have the COA on your computer then you will have to call Microsoft to activate your copy of Windows. You should be able to activate online if your using Cable/DSL.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds