Windows Booting error.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wotching, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wotching

Wotching Private E-2

Windows will not boot unless it has the Windows CD in it.
    I'm on Windows Media Center. When I try to boot with nothing in the CD drive, it gives me an intel boot agent error saying something about the boot media not being found. Here's approximately what I see:

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
    Intel Boot Agent PXE base code (BA1210BC-GW1)
    Client MAC addr: 00 0C F1 B7 FA 18 GVD: 000CF1B7 FA18 2004 0116 13540000000
    PXE-E53: No boot filename received
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
    Reboot and select proper boot device
    or insert boot media into selected boot device.

When I boot with the Windows OS CD in the drive, it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." as expected, and then when I DON'T press anything, it boots Windows just fine!
    I've tried pressing F10 at the Gateway splash screen and it just asks me what I want to boot from, and it gives me two choices: A weird long string of characters that looks like a serial number, then something like "IBA" followed by some numbers. Choosing either one leads to the same result: Intel boot agent error (above)

I'd like to know what's causing this to happen (ie hardware failure, corrupted section of the partition, some random boot file corrupted, etc) and if/how I can fix it. Thanks!

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Go into bios[setup] and choose hard drive as first boot optition, or if you have nothing set in bios that you have changed, just set defaults and save. ed

3. Wotching

Wotching Private E-2

You're my hero now. Thanks. Everything works perfectly. I had to change the Boot Device, it was on some invalid choice or something. Problem solved.

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Glad you got it working!!!!. ed

5. onlycobra1

onlycobra1 Private E-2

I just had the same thing happen to me. I can't get in my bio's. How can i fix my problem? I wiped my hard drived and reinstalled xp's. and still have no boot up and still can't get into my bio's. Is there a short cut? (back door) F5 dont work F8 dont work no system recovery. I need my CD to boot from. But it works fine from there. Can you help me out any?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Please make a new thread. This one is two years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds