Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

Discussion in 'Software' started by plecostamus, Sep 19, 2009.

1. plecostamus

plecostamus Private E-2

I am getting this notification "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
    I am running in admin
    I only get it on a few progs my hijack this and avast being the main 2
    if i got to original exe file and make a new admin access the hijack this runs until i do a scan and then the admin access is deleated and the results dissapear from the screen before I can see them I tried to copy the log but it didnt do it...the avast is similar except it starts the prog then goes off straight away.
    I had several trojans that have been removed and nothing is running in the processes that I havn't seen before
    I tried restore but it wont

I have searched for this problem but no one seems to mention about the admin rights problem

any help would be really nice

2. Geminiione

Geminiione Private First Class

have you tried to run your antivirus in safe mode? try that and see you get any hits. sounds like you have a nasty of some kind. just a feeling

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try renaming the HJT exe file before running it as Admin.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Whats your Windows Version and Service Pack?

Have you just done a repair install or please do tell us what has lead to this issue cropping up, was it a malware infection etc?

5. plecostamus

plecostamus Private E-2

hi again
    version 2002 service pack 3
    I got infected with several malaware and as far as i can see have removed them
    i did a boot time scan again and it found "Files\Content.IE5\Z6VE9GBX\CAHKUDT7.htm is infected by JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]," which was deleted
    the problem still persists
    renamed and still does the same thing :cry:cry:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds