Windows cannot execute DpvSetup.exe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mfd38, Jan 15, 2006.

1. mfd38

mfd38 Private E-2

Hi all, hope I am not repeating a common problem here. I am trying to use a microphone on the pc running XP Pro SP2. When I test the hardware under Audio Sounds and Devices I get an error message stating 'Windows cannot execute DpvSetup.exe' along with an error code 0x80004005. There is a Microsoft knowledge base article about this problem but their 'solution' about adjusting the accelerator to the right does not work. Has anyone had to deal with this before. Also, I am running DirectX 9.0. I tried to test the device through the DirectX diagnostics with the exact same results. Thanks, mfd38

2. mfd38

mfd38 Private E-2

Found my own problem...........activating the microsoft built-in speech recognition seemed to be the culprit............more of a software issue than hardware. Next time I'll post to both categories.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds