Windows cannot find install shield setup.exe?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hellzscream, Mar 1, 2009.

1. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

Hello so when I started up my computer after the login screen where you type your password I get this error
    http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7366/installshield.gif

Things that I have recently done before I shutdown was scan with super anti-spyware and avira. Nothing came up with either of the scans except some cookies. I also uninstalled a game prince of persia. So anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi there, pretty sure that CLSID relates to prince of Persia game you have recently uninstalled. Try running Ccleaner, reboot your machine and see if the error persists. Also wait to see what others have to say.

Also find any directories that could have been left behind from uninstalling your game and get rid of them if they exist.

3. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

thanks running ccleaner fixed the problem.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

glad to hear it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds