Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.

Discussion in 'Software' started by arvin1, Nov 10, 2011.

1. arvin1

arvin1 Private E-2

Hi there,

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on my HP laptop with 4gb of ram, the laptop has not been upgraded from manufacturer specs. This morning i started my laptop as per usual but i noticed that upon inputting my password, the computer took approximately 3-5 minutes loading on the "welcome" screen, it then turned into a black screen for about another 3-5 minutes before finally loading up to my dekstop. When my desktop loads I get a message on the bottom left hand corner saying, " Windows could not connect to the system event notification service. This problem prevents standard users from logging onto the system. As an administrative user you can review the event viewer...". I also can't connect to the internet, as no connections are available, when i open network and sharing centre i have an 'unkown' section, below it reads, the dependency service or group failed to start.

Please help me with my problem, as i have no idea what to do and where to start. Thanks in advance!!

Cheers

2. caaroncole

caaroncole Private E-2

Im having the exact same problem. Running Dell Vostro 360 with win7 64

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds