Windows deleted a folder without my consent!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lovesexy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. lovesexy

lovesexy Private E-2

Hi all

The other day I was working when I saw a dialog box pop up briefly (didn't have time to read it)and I subsequently realised that a very important folder had disappeared. Luckily I have a back up, but I've still lost some files in the interim period.
    What's strange is that the folder was 4gb in size but the drive on which it was on is still showing the same 'free space' it was before! There's nothing in the recycle bin and the folder is nowhere else on the system apart from in another folder which is only 45mb in sizerolleyes And I get 'access is denied' dialog box when I try to open this folder.

Please help

Cheers

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds