Windows exp update repeats

Discussion in 'Software' started by scynful79, Mar 26, 2009.

1. scynful79

scynful79 Private E-2

I am uncertain as to where to put this question, if it does not belong here I am sorry.

My husbands computer has been repeating the same update now for a few weeks. Every time he shuts the computer off, it proceeds to have an update. The same update every time.

KB967715

Is there a way to fix this, or is it perhaps a bug of some kind. He is getting tired of it and doesn't want to pay Microsoft money to talk to costumer service.

Thank you for the advice.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. scynful79

scynful79 Private E-2

Thank you for the response and the help. I have d'loaded the link and we'll see if it worked. So far at shut off point it didn't say there was an update, so far so good. =)

4. scynful79

scynful79 Private E-2

Go figure, just as I posted this. That very night, it wants to d'load the update. Husband says that he has already gone to the microsoft website and d'loaded from there. Since I didn't know that, it didn't help.

Any other ideas of what we can possibly do?

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Did he try to install the update in Safe Mode? That looks like part of the solution. Tell him to try installing the downloaded update while in safe mode.

*Just a note MS says it is often Roxio software that is causing the installation failure. So Safe Mode bypasses this conflict.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds