Windows Explorer opens as MY Documents

Discussion in 'Software' started by toddler, Jan 29, 2005.

1. toddler

toddler Private E-2

Does anyone have any ideas why windows explorer opens as my documents, and how I can get back access to windows explorer? My OS is ME.
    Thanks

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

toddler,

Look under the properties of the windows explorer logo and change to the following: C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c: That should do it.

Steve

3. toddler

toddler Private E-2

Steve, thanks for the reply. I tried that soution before and I keep getting the message, "The name 'C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER>EXE/e,c:',specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005
  4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Oops.

There is a space between .exe and /e

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

toddler,

Adrynalyne is right, you need to type that exactly like it is posted. Watch for spaces and things like that, you could just copy and paste what I gave you in my post to prevent any mistakes.

Let us know.

Steve

6. toddler

toddler Private E-2

Hey Steve,
    The space did the trick! Thanks, Toddler

7. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

please advise again exactly where to type in this change...did you mean from the properties window for explorer, and if so in which specific box or spot...I need to be sure on this...I have WinXP Home....thanks much!

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

XP would be different anyway. Is this what you are trying to do, http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/bertleff1.mspx

Steve

9. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Matacumbie!!! Thanks for the quick reply back...I'll do it! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds