windows explorer permissions - need to change

Discussion in 'Software' started by crimsonarc, Dec 19, 2009.

1. crimsonarc

crimsonarc Private E-2

was wondering if anyone here could walk me thru a process to change permissions in internet explorer to be able to move pictures around in the order I would like them to appear. using photo viewer either within a specific folder or USB flashdrive, right now its ' read only ' and I need to left click ( hold ) and drag them to where I want them to go like I could do in XP or vista basic. I have windows 7 now on a new laptop so I guess it needs setting up. also, will changing permissions drastically affect the registry values and can the change process be undone?

HP pavilion / windows 7 - 32 bit / 2 gig memory.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Attributes can be modified by right clicking the files and choosing properties...

Can you explain the problem in a little more detail?

3. crimsonarc

crimsonarc Private E-2

when I am looking at photos in internet explorer ( before I open them with windows photo viewer ) in a folder at my pictures or off my USB flashdrive I want to be able to move them around on the screen in front of me. that is I left click on a photo ( hold ) drag and move it to a place in the folder according to the importance I give each photo. for example, the top left of the folder ( screen ) is most important going left to right row by row downward until I get to the bottom right corner. I could do this in XP and vista basic but not for some reason in windows 7 unless that is how windows 7 is set up which I dont think is the case. its just a matter of adjusting something, which would be either windows explorer or photo viewer, the only way I can move pics now is to rename them and then they change place in the folder I suppose by numerical or alphabetical order.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds