Windows File System Error (NTFS) Win XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by DJ_Tet, May 13, 2005.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Private E-2

Hello,

I have a fairly large (not by this forum's standards) HD split into different partitions. One of these partitions is around 67 Gigs, and about 45 gigs of that is taken up by video files (yeah, spare me :)). There is nothing else on the drive (partition). Anyway, with the large amount of files I need to sort them into somewhat managable folders.

The problem is, unless I am working in Safe mode, I have started getting a Windows Explorer error. I can open the drive, open a large folder (amature for instance), and the error report will hit. I have tried to defragment the drive, move the file set to a new clean partition, and sort files in safe mode to place less files in each folder. To no avail, in Win XP, almost as soon as I open any folder in that set, I keep getting the same error. Here is what the error report contains:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: mpeg2dmx.ax
    ModVer: 2.0.84.30429 Offset: 0000dff3

Can anyone help me fix the file structure of this drive so I no longer get this or any other error? Would a clean Win XP install help? I'm at a loss in how to handle this drive of valid data that is crashing Windows Explorer.

Thanks.

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Private E-2

I forgot two pieces of info.

This problem does not occur when the display is set to list or anything other than THUMBNAIL.

This problem does not occur when browsing my other partitions and folders, it is unique to this partition with video files.

Someone else mentioned it might be a codec problem, but I have not had any problems running any vids thus far. I assume the codec helps generate the thumbnail though, so he might very well be on to something.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

that someone else was right. It's not a file system error. It's an mpeg 2 codec. Try updating to the latest version of windows media player.

4. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Private E-2

Well then I will update my codecs, thanks kindly :)

5. RonuX

RonuX Private E-2

Hi!
    The same error is happening to me but i have the latest version of windows media player and the error is still showing with video files taht are in thumbnail mode (sorry for the bad english!).
    What can i do to fix this problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds