Windows Firewall, Avast firewall help

Discussion in 'Software' started by KiltedKrew, Jul 26, 2013.

1. KiltedKrew

KiltedKrew Private E-2

I'm not that PC savvy, but I did search for Windows Firewall before this post. If it's in the wrong thread, I'm sorry.
    I have windows 7, free Avast, but I can't change recommended settings in Win 7 firewall. When I click on ''user recommended settings, the error message is ''Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x80070424'' Thanks so much for any help...:-o

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Moved your post to its own thread as always best to start a new thread on any issue, even if partly covered before as the info is tailored to your PC.

Is your Windows 7 fully up to date and at SP1?

Are you logged in as Admin?
    I take it free Avast is the anti-virus software and what version is this software?

Very likely this help will work for you HERE but before running do backup your registry and this app can do this for you HERE once backed up, follow the post at TechNet exactly.

If you get any error messages do tell us then exactly as they are written.

3. MissDurnie

MissDurnie Private E-2

Thank you so much for your reply...;)
    I'll go ahead and click on the link your provided & let you know today what happens...
    I am logged in as Admin. I have SP1. Again, thx.

4. MissDurnie

MissDurnie Private E-2

I followed all your instructions, but, when I get to ''HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE'' I can't find the last 3 capital letters of: BFE anywhere :confused

5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

You have to merge (import) the .reg file to your regsitry.

The BFE entries are in the .reg file.

Importing file into the system registry database

6. MissDurnie

MissDurnie Private E-2

Thank you. I will try this right now and get back to you ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds