Windows get stuck on startup screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by purplehaze22, Feb 25, 2012.

1. purplehaze22

purplehaze22 Private E-2

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my computer. I fell asleep with it on last night for about 5 hours and then i got up and ran ccleaner and then turned on system restore, and then turned off computer. when i got up next day and turned on the computer it gets stuck on the blue screen where it says welcome. i logged onto safe mode and tried system restore but it says that i don't have any system restore points and to create one. I tried to do this and it won't let me. my computer also did not come with a CD reinstallation, so i'm lost what to do. Please help.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Try pressing the F8 key right after you power on the PC: you'll see the logo screen (like for Dell, HP, or with the motherboard maker's logo, etc), then the logo disappears, then start pressing F8 until you get a Windows Boot Options menu. Try using "Last Known Good Configuration"....

3. purplehaze22

purplehaze22 Private E-2

hi, i was able to log on normally now and create system restore, but i noticed on the system configuration a lot of programs stopped running. do you know how i can fix this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds