Windows has stopped responding

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheilamarie247, Aug 9, 2008.

1. sheilamarie247

sheilamarie247 Private E-2

Every time I click on a file,for example, My documents, or downloads, windows task manager pops up and says that windows has stopped responding,do you want to end the program.IF i click no, nothing happens, I just can't get into my files,if yes,my desktop and start menu dissapear and I am left with only the windows I had open, but I can not use them. Everything comes back upon restart, but I still cant access my files! why is this?Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I have run the read and run me first page, and cannot get combofix to work,it is as far as I can get.however, I did run it a fewmonths ago with no problems....are these problems related does anyone know???

please help.....

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version?

Can you boot into safe mode (F8 at boot) and see if you have these same issues?

It is possible that you have malware and even if you cannot run all the tools in the guide its best to start a thread in malware forum area after you have run as many of them as you can and attach the requested logs you did get.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds