Windows Image Acquisition Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ding dong, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Ding dong

Ding dong Private E-2

My problem is that the WIAS wont stop.

My laptop was reving and so looked in task manager to fins this Windows Image Aquisition Service using the CPU.

Went into services and changed it to manual.

Engine still revving,

Shut down pc and turned back on.......engine begins revving again.......

Task manager says "no processes running?

Turned internet off.... no difference...still revving?

I even set it to manual and rebooted but it still starts up every time?

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG Capture4.PNG

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

What type of backup(s) are you running? Are you using a third party app (like AOMEI Backupper) to do so?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You are not hearing the engine aka the CPU. I think what you are hearing is the fan going at full speed.
    Have you cleaned out the laptop? Perhaps it is overheating and the fan is trying to cool it down.

4. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

I saw this associated with a media card of some sort. Is there any chance a flash drive or flash card might be plugged into the computer? If you have a media card reader, you might take a look to see... :)

5. Ding dong

Ding dong Private E-2

No, its stopped now as I ran task manager and located it and it had a sub folder and I right clicked it to "stop" and the fan noise went. I also went to the services and placed into manual and so it seems to have fixed it.

I only have printer/scanner attached to pc.

Why am I not being notified by email of replies here?

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Go to your account on MG > Preferences > and make sure the sub-box that says "and receive email notifications of replies" has a tick inside the box, and then click on 'save changes'

7. Ding dong

Ding dong Private E-2

Done thanks.......so do u think I fixed it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds