Windows Installer Internal Error 2908

Discussion in 'Software' started by S_c_o_t_t, Mar 28, 2005.

1. S_c_o_t_t

S_c_o_t_t Private E-2

Hi, I'm new here and I'm on a quest to resolve some problems that are related to the thread's title.

I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion a710a running on Windows XP (Home Edition).

Whenever I start IE and whenever a new IE browser window opens Windows Installer trys to install HPIZ402 and I get an error message that reads 'Internal error 2908' (I'm pretty certain the IZ means Image Zone but Image Zone appears to be working :confused: ). I can either click on cancel three or four times to get the window to open otherwise I have to click through 20 of these errors. When I do the latter I finally get an 'error 1935' message along with a pile of gibberish and the suggestion that I refer to Help & Support. I've tried to contact HP support online but when I do I get a Congfig parser error... The warranty on my live support ran out about a week before the above all started, go figure. :mad:

I don't know if the problem is with Microsoft's Windows software or Hewlett Packard's software. I have all the back-up disks I made when I bought the computer but no program disks, everything came pre-installed. I've been diligent to the point of being anal about keeping my firewall and virus software updated and trying to keep spyware under control. I've tried running Norton System Works, PC repair and fix programs, a registry fix program, and I'm about to try a Windows Installer Cleanup Utility I just downloaded...no doubt my next problem came installed with it...I'm a faithless pessimist but a die-hard so...

I'm sure there will be a day when computers simply work without all the chest-pains and diarreah that go with them but I doubt it'll ever be in my lifetime.

I'd appreciate some help. Even some consolation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. S_c_o_t_t

S_c_o_t_t Private E-2

Holy Crap! The Windows Installer utility worked!

Thank you Matacumbie whoever you are, for the suggestion that I try this.

3. S_c_o_t_t

S_c_o_t_t Private E-2

I still have the Config parser error it seems.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

What is the exact error message?

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

S_c_o_t_t,

What is the exact Congfig parser error... you are getting?

Steve

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Oooops, sorry Insomniac. ;)

Steve

7. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

No problems at all Steve.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds