Windows Installer loops when I start Windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by HomerDPoe, Aug 2, 2010.

1. HomerDPoe

HomerDPoe Private E-2

I'm not trying to install anything, but when the boot ends and I get the desktop the Installer immediately tries to "finish" installing Roxio Media Manager, part of BlackBerry Desktop that I have never used.
    But it can't complete and whether you say OK or Cancel it just starts over.

I can kill it with Task Manager, but what I want to know is:

Where is it getting the idea it has to install anything? I don't know where the
    list of "things to install at next boot" resides. Any idea? I could patch it out.
    Is it someplace in the registry, perhaps? I've searched for Roxio there and removed all words Roxio but that doesn't help.

2. Hachu

Hachu Private E-2

Is it on startup, try and kill its startup.
    CCleaner is a good program to have and it allows startups to be deleted that and many more options.

3. HomerDPoe

HomerDPoe Private E-2

Wow. Thanks!
    I figured I could get a good answer on this forum.
    I had run CCleaner since the problem arose, but I hadn't checked all of its options.
    The Registry Integrity scanner was what solved the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds