Windows Isn´t Logging Check Disk Scans

Discussion in 'Software' started by superstar, Jan 12, 2016.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Hey guys I´ve got a friend´s pc here running Microsoft Windows XP Pro Version 2002 w SP3.
    But it isn´t logging any Check Disk scans in Event Viewer which is in the Administrative Tools section
    of the Control Panel. What gives? I´m used to always seeing logs there whenever I service any other
    computer for years now.

Everything else is fine... Although one of the two HDD´s (the older secondary drive), appears to have
    just a few bad sectors. Which I would say is likely to be since it´s the original drive I ended up moving
    to a secondary position a year ago. It´s much older than that I just happen to have moved it later on it´s
    lifespan. I mean to my knowledge every HDD comes with a bit of extra space to make up for bad sectors.

Oh yeah, are there any serious scans I should do now knowing that bad sectors were found on the secondary
    drive (as well as the primary just to check even though there doesn´t seem to be any there)?

I usually just do a normal quick Check Disk method which always takes less than a minute to run.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds