Windows language options

Discussion in 'Software' started by NationalAcrobat, Nov 23, 2007.

1. NationalAcrobat

NationalAcrobat Private First Class

Hey guys. Long time no see. I am using grandma's WEBTV to make this post due to lack of internet access at home. I hope the post shows up correctly.

Heres my situation. My father has married a vietnamese woman who will soon be immigrating to the US. He wants to set her up with a laptop pc so that she can study the English language before applying for citizenship in a few months.

She needs to learn english using a translation software. I already know that Vietnamese is not a language option for Windows versions purchased here in the states. I am wondering whether 3rd party software exists that can make her windows interface in vietnamese or whether is is just a better idea to purchase the PC in vietnam. (along with translation software, maybe Rosetta Stone)

I am wondering if a program like Rosetta Stone is bi-lateral, that is, she can learn english with a vietnamese interface, or whether we will need to purchase that in Vietnam as well.

There will be some difficulty with purchasing everything abroad due to the cost over there and my father's lack of knowledge about computer specifications....

Does he have any options other than making the entire purchase in Vietnam?

Sorry about the long-winded post and any (punctuation) issues that may have resulted from using WEBTV to make this post.

I greatly appreciate any insight regarding this issue. BTW, MajorGeeks is hands down the best place for help with tech problems. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

3. NationalAcrobat

NationalAcrobat Private First Class

Hey thanks. The list you posted there shows Vietnamese option whereas the list I found via a google search showed that Vietnamese was only available in the Vietnamese version of windows itself.

So the issue with windows language is solved.

My only challenge now is whether a domestic purchased copy of Rosetta Stone is bi-lateral or whether he will have to buy an actual vietnamese version of the program.

I searched the commercial site for Rosetta Stone and couldnt discern whether the English version (that teaches Vietnamese) can be run in reverse.

I will look into some translation programs.

I really appreciate your help Mada. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds