Windows live mail error 0x8007007A.2

Discussion in 'Software' started by cvsnow, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cvsnow

cvsnow Private E-2

Someone please help. I am unable to open my windows live mail. the error message is:

WLM could not be starte. The application was unable to create the Internet Account Manager. error 0x8007007A.2
    I have tried everything. I posted in Malware after I ran all of the "read me" instructions and logs.

Please help!!! \

Vista 32bit 2gb:cry

Thanks,
    Snow

2. cvsnow

cvsnow Private E-2

Damn Firefox has been crashing at least twice a week also.... add that to the top request for help please

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Unable to find that error listed on any posting but yours.

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

WLM - what version?

5. cvsnow

cvsnow Private E-2

I don't know which version WLM it is... don't know how to find out.

The original error code was 0x80096010 and it changed to the one above. If I uninstall and reinstall WLM will I lose everything?
    Thanks guys!!!!

Snow

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

7. cvsnow

cvsnow Private E-2

8. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

In http://www.vistax64.com/vista-mail/183039-what-file-name-extension-saved-mail-messages.html, a MS MVP says the email messages are are stored as discrete .EML files. By "discrete", he means they are unconnected from the program files in WLM. So, I'm almost absolutely sure removing WLM will not delete your messages. However, as precautionary measure, I suggest you backup your messages, i.e. all the .EML files, somewhere outside the normal storage location. That default location is C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail, assuming your OS is on drive C.

By the way, with Vista, you also have Windows Mail (distinct from Windows Live Mail), and it also uses the .EML file format. Windows Mail normally stores messages in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail. If you were to change the store location in Windows Mail to the same location as Windows Live Mail, then close Windows Mail and reopen it, I believe it will open your email folders and messages. So, this could be an option for accessing your messages if you continue having difficulty getting WLM to work.

Alternatively, you could copy your email files from the WLM storage location to the Windows Mail storage location and then use Windows Mail to view them.

If you want to uninstall and reinstall WLM, the procedure is here: How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Essentials

9. cvsnow

cvsnow Private E-2

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help. I switched to Thunderbird for my email client.
    Now I am getting a message saying "Adobe Flash Player 11.4 r402 has stopped working.
    I will check for an update... maybe that will do it

Thanks,

snow

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds