windows live messenger alternative with webcam support

Discussion in 'Software' started by cyberwil1, Jun 29, 2010.

1. cyberwil1

cyberwil1 Private E-2

hi guys here's the issue. WLM is seriously driving me nuts with it's forced updates to a very fragile and buggy new version and not having a choice not to update and continue using the older version. i am a webcam/webchat freak and i loved WLM 8 and ealier because they were less bloated and did the job with ease. i have switched to emesene which is great for your average chatting and use of custom emoticons etc. if only it had great webcam support i wouldn't be asking for your help. i have tried amsn, trillian, digsby, pidgin etc, and tried web based clients such as meebo and iloveim. i am having very little joy with these alternatives. can anyone please suggest good alternatives or plugins to the apps i have mentioned to fully support webcam chats especially two way video conversations or more etc. thanks in advance

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Definitely not my area of expertise but I do have Yahoo! Messenger installed and have used it with a webcam. I have no idea how it compares to other software you've mentioned.

3. cyberwil1

cyberwil1 Private E-2

i have yahoo messenger as well but my request is explicitly for msn/windows live accounts.
    as i said. the key issues is the video calling issue and the live messenger forced updates. i don't mind even if it's a multiprotocol IM

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds