Windows Mail ToolBar Missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by SusieB, Aug 23, 2013.

1. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

Hello All~
    I have Windows Mail, not Live Mail, but the old Windows Mail.
    Just recently my Toolbar disappeared.:cry
    I have rightclicked and Toolbar is checked
    I've tried dragging.
    I'm attaching a Screen Shot to show you what it looks like.
    I need to figure out how to get it back
    thanks for the help.
    SusieB

Attached Files:

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I noticed something in your image that might be the clue to solving this. On the left side of that blank toolbar area, I see 3 solid vertical lines and, to the left of them, a dotted/dashed line. Hover your mouse over one of those vertical lines and see whether your mouse pointer changes to a double-pointed arrow or some other pointer. If it changes, press your left mouse button down and try to drag the vertical bar to the right. If you can't move the solid vertical bars, try moving the dashed bar. Please report back on how it went.

3. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

I had mentioned I tried the dragging but wasn't explicit.
    The solid lines, when hovering over them...nothing happens
    But the dotted line will change to a double arrow but when I try to drag it, nothing happens.
    Thanks

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

What items would normally see in the blank, blue, space? Are they the items on the View>Current View menu?

5. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

They would be things like Delete, Prev, Next, Send/Receive, Attach and so on.
    I can find everything under File, Edit, Tools etc
    But it is so much easier if they were on the Toolbar where they should be
    Thanks

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I no longer have Windows Mail since my Windows Vista laptop died, so I can't look at a working Windows Mail system. Seeing a double arrows (vertical and horizontal arrows crossed) and not being able to drag the line/bar is abnormal. You should be able to move it. I believe your toolbar commands are really there but they are hidden. So, unless you figure out how to move the bar, I don't know what else to suggest. I tried searching for a tutorial that might address this but did not find one; many online references and youtube videos can be found but I looked at a few and did not find one showing how to manipulate the toolbar area.

7. SusieB

SusieB Private E-2

I wonder as much about that.
    I can't seem to drag them not matter how much I try
    Thanks anyway:cry

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Never ran Vista so I'm the blind leading the blind here.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-customize-the-windows-mail-layout.html
    Click all the words on the menu bar and make sure there isn't some setting that says "lock the toolbar".

Since you don't have a functioning toolbar now, go through and uncheck the toolbar showing. Close Windows Mail, reboot the computer and open Windows Mail. That bluebar should have disappeared.

Then go back, select to show the Toolbar, click apply, close the window and hopefully the Toolbar with icons will be back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds