Windows Mail - Toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by CDI, Jan 6, 2009.

1. CDI

CDI Private E-2

I am using Windows Vista Home Basic with Windows Mail for my e-mails. It has been running ok but now I have lost the Add Contact button on my Address Book tool bar and now can't find any way of adding new contacts. Can anyone help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Open the Contacts Folder in Windows Mail and then right click in an empty space and choose Customize this Folder > then in the dropdown under What type of folder do you want? choose Contacts from the list then OK and your menus will re-appear.

[​IMG]

3. CDI

CDI Private E-2

Halo, you deserve one. That's brilliant and works just fine. Can I ask you where you get this kind of information as I looked everywhere i could think of.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi CDI

Yes of course you can, short story is I have been using Windows Vista (or Longhorn as it was known then) since late 2004 in the managed Microsoft beta program on this Windows version so while bug testing the software you tend to find out the obscure things, plus good memory and notes on specific fixes help too.

Glad you have your menu options back.

5. CDI

CDI Private E-2

Thanks once more Halo and could I ask another favour. Would you mind looking at this problem I have. It is posted here. My son has bought me an iPod Touch and I need iTunes to use it and I can't get it to install because of permissions, I think.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=178919

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds