windows ME muck

Discussion in 'Software' started by tat2d12000, Jul 8, 2006.

1. tat2d12000

tat2d12000 Private First Class

HELP! i am having so much trouble.blue screens, black and white vertical stripes, whatever. i can't update windows. my pages won't load . kernel32.dll errors,MDAC/ADO problems. i am malware clean at this point.can someone help me straighten out this windows/explorer multi-problem, please. i am so sick of rebooting.....

2. tat2d12000

windows me muck part 2: i still can't update windows.why,why,why? i can't seem to get an answer or help for this. been doing searches. nothing yet. why can't i access my system information? when is this madness going to end? i am waiting on my xp home cd to come in the mail, but i need this pc to work today, not in two weeks. please help.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Someone might have a better idea.....but......you could reload (not format) ME over the top of itself, especially if you want to backup files ready for XP.

4. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

I am also a Windows ME user. Tell me exactly what happens start to finish when you first boot up your system and some of the error messages.

Do you have your Win ME Boot Disk?

Shut your computer down and then restart it with the Win ME Boot Disk. It will then leave you with a A:/ prompt and you can type in scan reg restore. This should bring you back to a state when you computer was working well.

[EDIT] Contact info removed [/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  5. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

@techiegirl2..please don't suggest users contact you off site to work through support issues being dealt with here in the forum. By doing so you are defeating the purpose of the forum and making it more difficult for others who may be searching for answers to find a thread that has been worked through to resolution.

Additionally, there are many other knowledgeable users here who may be able to help..the old analogy, 2 heads are better than one is quite true!:):cool:

Thank you for understanding.
    AbbySue

6. tat2d12000

the only ME disk i have is the HP pavilion recovery disks(3). i don't at this point feel i am having ME problems, but am having spyware and anti-virus installation and program problems. if my spyware and anti-virus are on, you lose your signal. if off and firewall on ,everything's cool.surf away. they don't start correctly or run right. i've reinstalled counterspy 3 times, avast 3 times also. neither one is clean or works right. i wish there was a way to post all my threads together because i've been doing this 7 hours a night on weekdays, 12 or more on last weekend since july 3 and can't get it to go good. i've tried my best to follow advice and so far ,no improvement except in ME.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds