Windows Me Stuck In The Safe Mode???

Discussion in 'Software' started by odiear3rd, Sep 22, 2004.

1. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

My Computer DELL4100 PEN III 933/133 384mb 20gb WinME is stuck in the safe mode appearence, but Does not say it is in the safe mode, altho its appearence is as the safe mode. I tried to uninstall the ME and reinstall it to see if it would correct itself. Can some one tell me what I can do to correct this Problem?? ODIE :) :)

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

It sounds like your display drivers may have corrupted & the computer reverted to VGA mode (16 colour, 480x640 resolution).
    Are you able to go into display properties-->settings & change the colour/resolution settings? Does it give any specific errors when you try this? Can you go into 'advanced' and view your video card under the 'adaptor' tab?
    If it is indeed the drivers, you should be able to download them directly from DELL, if you don't already have them on a DELL resource CD which comes with most of their computers.

3. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

Wavetar: I finally got my Display back, but have no sound. I have Sound Blaster Live Installed. Tried to uninstall the Sound Blaster and reinstall it. Did not work. Do I use the Drive Mang to do the uninstalation?? Will try it again. I try an Installation on top of the original SB Live that did not work. I have to Uninstall the corupt file. ODIE :)

4. simonk

simonk Corporal

Yes
    you can uninstall it with device manager then turn off system open up case and note down sound card model details and then try removing sound card and then place back in .when you boot back up your os should recognise new hardware and try to find the drivers for it
    if cant find the/all driver files
    click here for soundblaster drivers
    http://www.soundblaster.com/drivers/

or here http://www.driverguide.com/
    but you will have to log on here..
    hope it helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds